Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Small Hands and Large Plans

My hands are small... really small, but I'm a small person so they fit me. However his hands are big, they're also nail scarred. I don't mind though cause without those scars he wouldn't have been able to save my life or carry my burdens. I knew when I started down this path with Him that it wouldn't be easy... it's okay though I won't give up cause he's holding my hands helping to steady each step. I look at my hands some days and wonder how hands so small could change the world, but that's when he tells me that it's not about changing the world it's just about reaching out to one more person. I'm lost somewhere among LTD forms, cobra premiums, and a need to understand things. I want to complain but instead he still gives me a reason to rejoice... After about 2 months of having a blind spot in my left eye I'm happy to report that my vision is back! It's a little blurry but when you're starting to compare your troubles to Job's, it's a small victory that I'll take.

In a week I'll be 24... I'm facing many issues that I never thought would cross my path, much less at this age. I started this blog with the full intentions of being honest about every step. I still intend to do that, I just need some time to gather my thoughts.  It doesn't help that my best friend is away training for military purposes but thank God for text messages. <3

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, I met your mother through the Cookiers forum and she shared with us why she had been away for so long. I am in awe of your strength and constant faith. I was able to contribute some $ to your fundraiser but I will post a link to your blog on my cookie page in hopes of raising more. God bless you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lauren,
    I too have NMO and am applying for stem cell a NW. I'm 58 yrs old and have had NMO since 2002. I was misdiagnosed with MS until 2008. Now I am on rituxin and I'm pretty stable.
    Oh, and I'm a Christian too. Just want to say that I truly hope that you can get the transplant. It offers so much hope for a stable, normal life. Of course, life is hardly ever the normal we think it will be - and that is mostly a good thing.
    God bless you on this venture.
    Ann from KC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much Susan I appreciate all that you do!

    ReplyDelete